A one-day entrepreneurial extravaganza!
Attend the event to:
- Be inspired by entrepreneurial speakers
- Meet advisers who can help your business growm
- Attend workshops on topics from social media to sales, international trade and selling to retailers
- Connect with fellow entrepreneurs
- Access funding opportunities
- Spend a day working ‘on’ your business not ‘in’ it!
10.00am: Welcome, Emma Jones and Joni Farthing
10.10am: Show me the Money!
- Nicola Horlick, Love Money
- Sarah Gosling OBE, f-crowd
- Mike Jackson, Bristol WebStart
10.30am: How I built a franchise business
- Gabrielle Lixton, Turtle Tots
- Lee Dancy, Barking Mad
10.50am: How I built an online business
- Alex Depledge, Founder, Hassle.com
- Julia Elliot Brown, Founder, Upperstreet.com
11.10am: Coffee & meet stand owners
11.40am: Great Western Powerhouse
12.00pm: Massive milestones…how to achieve your goals – Julie Creffield, Too Fat to Run
12.30pm: Lunch and afternoon business workshops
4.00pm: Drinks and networking
- Alison Battisby, founder of Avocado Social – Social media for small businesses
- Elizabeth Malone Johnstone, founder of Digitise This – DIY SEO for start-ups
- Nadine Dereza, founder of PS Programmes – Public Speaking Workshop
- Anis Qizilbash, founder of Mindful Sales – 7 steps to selling anything
- Crowdcube – Crowdfunding for small businesses
- Tessa Stuart, packaging and promotion expert – How to get your food brand noticed
Find out more and register at: https://enterprisenation.com/festival
On June 20th, the ISBE Gender and Enterprise Network (GEN) Special Interest Group (SIG) held a well-attended workshop on gendering and extending entrepreneurship theory, sponsored by Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) and Entrepreneurship Research Centre (ERC), and hosted by the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship at Strathclyde Business School.
Event summary and links to presentations are available here on the ISBE site.